Hi friends! Just wanted to pop in and give you an update that the macro-friendly chain restaurant and fast food lists have been updated! Tons of restaurants have been added -- Cheesecake Factory, Logan's Steakhouse, Cracker Barrel and more!
IIFYM CHAIN RESTAURANT MASTER LIST
IIFYM FAST FOOD MASTER LIST
I'll also be making some "infographic" style posts on my Instagram like this one, so be my friend on IG too! Hope y'all are having a great week so far!
Dang, I have been slacking on the blogopshere! From here on out, you can expect weekly updates every Wednesday because I have decided to document my FOURTH reverse diet here on the blog! This time, I am doing a little experiment with Avatar Nutrition as my coach! I will be posting all my stats again every week so you can see how Avatar is adjusting my macros based off of my check-ins! Before I dive further into that topic, I am SO EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE...
My Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe has been published in the latest issue of Modern Fitness Magazine! This is seriously a bucket list dream of mine and I'm so stoked!
Speaking of recipes, I have now written 300 macro-friendly recipes that are all up on AvatarNutrition.com. I can't believe it's been a year already that I've been writing for Avatar! Just in case you are new to the world of macros, Avatar is an online nutrition coach that was designed by Dr. Layne Norton, Mark Springer and Katie Coles. Unlike macro calculators, Avatar has a complex algorithm that adjusts your macros weekly based off of your weekly weigh-ins. The site has tripled its users in the past 5 months, so that kinda tells you something -- it freaking works. People are getting insane results, which is so cool to be a part of such an awesome team. I'm excited to give this reverse diet a go as I have always either coached myself or had Layne coach me. You know me, I like to experiment. ;)
So if you can give up two days of starbucks and spare $10/month (instead of the >$200/mo coaches usually cost) I'd definitely recommend checking it out. I'm excited to try it, that's for sure! Next week I'll talk a little more about where I'm at currently in my fitness journey and I just might have some more exciting news around the corner..
Love you guys!
Wow guys. It has been a hot minute since I've posted on here and for that I apologize... so I am giving you this beautiful magical gift of a PROTEIN UNICORN FRAPPUCCINO!! These drinks are all the rage at starbucks this week but with 70+g carbs, it's a no for me with my current cutting macros and I'm sure for many of you out there as summer dieting season is in full-force. So without further ado, here's a Unicorn Frappuccino that will save your wallet and your summer bod! ;)
PROTEIN UNICORN FRAPPUCCINO
170kcal: 4F/15C/18P (recipe makes 2 servings)
- 80g frozen mango slices
- 40g vanilla whey
- 80g 30cal almond milk
- 145g whole milk yogurt
- 6-8 ice cubes
- stevia/splenda to taste
- pink and blue food coloring
1. Thaw out mango slices slightly, then blend with yogurt until smooth.
2. Add all other ingredients except for food coloring and blend until thick.
3. Pour mixer contents into two bowls. Add a few drops of pink food coloring to one bowl and blue to the other, then stir until smooth.
4. With a spoon, splash sides of clear cup with blue frappuccino, then fill the rest of the cup up with pink and blue, alternating colors until full. Feel free to add a little nonfat whipped cream on top and sprinkles. Enjoy!
Hey friends! All has been quiet on the macro experiment front lately, sorry about that! I spent the majority of December very sick and it turns out I actually have pneumonia! So you know I partied HARD on New Years Eve -- with shots of NiQuil and going to bed at 9 PM. I am taking some legit doctor prescribed medicine so hopefully I'll get better within the week!
Anyways, sickness aside, I am super thankful for the awesome year 2016 has been. I've grown deep friendships, had some really cool opportunities and experiences, and learned more about myself than any other year.
Even though it may not seem like it from my bubbly/crazy self, I struggle with a lot of things -- self-doubt, body image issues, fear of not being "enough", and even depression. And heck yes I will admit these things on here. I was bullied a ton as a kid and although I blocked a bunch of that out of my memory, I still deal with it every single day. Not saying these things for pity or to be a downer, I just want to always keep it 100% REAL. And ya know what? It would be AWESOME if those things would go away, but that's not my new years resolution. In fact, I don't have one. So why did I just spill my soul out on this blog post? Because I want YOU to know that you're not alone.
I feel like this time of year can be a bummer. Weight gained, fun over, back to work we go. What I want to focus on this year is being intentional about thinking about all of the GOOD instead of the negative. Wake up every morning and thank God for what He's given me. Becuase guess what -- NO ONE is perfect. Even the fitless model on instagram with a million followers who looks like she THINKS she's perfect aint perfect. And most importantly, the same God who created the entire universe created you -- every beautiful, "flawed" part of you. So that's my challenge to myself and to you! When you wake up in the morning, let your first thought be a prayer to God about something you are thankful for!
Anyways, that's all the crazy talk for now. If you ever need a friend to talk to about these things you can always email me. I am here for you, not some "instafamous" fitness person, I promise you that. My goal is to share God's love with as many people as I can. So talk to me! :P
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or priaseworthy--think about such things" -- Philippians 4:8
Happy Wednesday dear friends! I've got 2 new videos for you on the bloggosphere this AM. Enjoy! <3
GUYS, JUST WARNING YOU. THIS RECIPE WILL CHANGE. YO. LIFE. Seriously my new favorite recipe ever ever EVER!! You lit-ch-rally cannot taste ANY protein in there. Magic in yo mouf, can't wait for you to try it and tell me what you think!!
MACRO-FRIENDLY MONKEY BREAD
160kcal -- 3F/20C/13P (per 60g piece)
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water--bath water temperature, but not too hot as that will kill yeast (100-120 Fahrenheit). Stir for a few minutes.
2. Pour yeast/water into a large mixing bowl. Melt butter until just slightly warm and add to yeast/water mixture.
3. Mix in 100g all-pourpose flour and 138g whey. Continue to add the rest of the flour until a dough is formed.
4. Kneed for about 5 minutes and continue to add flour. You may use slightly more or less flour than recipe calls for; it depends on the protein powder you use and how it absorbs water. Just weigh as you go to track accurately.
5. Once dough is formed, let rise until doubled in size (1-1.5 hrs). I usually bring water to a boil in a large measuring cup in the microwave, then I place the dough, covered, in the microwave with the warm water to keep it in an enclosed warm space. You could also put it in a warm window or somewhere else warm in your house.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. In one small bowl, mix equal parts cinnamon/stevia (or splenda). In another bowl, mix 40g walden farms syrup, 16g brown sugar, and 15 sprays of 0cal spray butter.
8. Pinch small handfull sized balls out of dough and dip into cinnamon/sugar mixture, then place into baking pan or cake pan. Continue this process until all dough is used.
9. Pour syrup mixture over monkey bread and bake for 30-35 minutes.
10. Enjoy! A delicious (optional) sweet glaze you can put on top is powdered sugar + a little almond milk + 2 monkey bread Devotion Nutrition Flex Flavors -- mix until glaze consistency is reached. It's super simple, and you can use as little or as much as you'd like on top! <3
Happy October friends!! It's been a while since I've posted a recipe, so of course you know it's gonna be a good one for all my fellow basic white girls out there. These protein doughnuts are SO moist (hate that word) but there's really no other word to describe it! I mean, what's not to like about a snickerdoodle + pumpkin doughnut?!
SNICKERDOODLE PUMPKIN PROTEIN DOUGHNUTS
148 kcal: 5F/11C/16P (recipe yields 6)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, melt butter and cream cheese together in microwave and whisk together. Let cool until warm/room temp (otherwise it will cook the egg whites).
3. Add all other ingredients and mix well until smooth.
4. Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray and fill doughnut molds with batter.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until you can stick a toothpick through the doughnuts and it comes out clean.
6. For icing, in a small bowl, add 7g of protein for each doughnut you will ice (42g for 6 doughnuts), stevia/splenda to taste, a dash of cinnamon, and water or almond milk until icing consistency is reached. Ice doughnuts and enjoy! Keep refrigerated for freshness.
A dear friend of mine, Hana Devore, recently defined happiness on a fitness podcast and I absolutely could not agree more with what she said -- "doing what you want to do, unapologetically and not feeling like you have to answer to anybody." It's reaching that point where you truly find yourself--find what you LOVE to do, and just go after it with all your heart.
It took a minute, but I must say I am truly happy, right where I am.
I don't really fit into a stereotypical "fitspo" mold, but I'm totally cool with that. I am me, Cait Robertson, and I love that God made me unique in my gifts and talents. I have a passion to share those with you guys so that is what I will continue to do!
The past few months had some ups and downs. I've decided not to compete. It was a bummer to call that shot, but I realized it was best for me personally. This contest prep attempt took me to a dark place mentally and physically and just straight up did not make me happy. I don't know what I will be doing in the future in that regard, but I'm totally cool with taking it one day at a time. I won't be prepping for a certain date on a calendar, that's for sure. I will simply continue to progress to the best version of ME, keeping health and happiness as my top priority. Having the best coach in the universe to guide me is a definite plus too. :P
So, here's a list of things that do make me happy, things I will continue to do because I LOVE THEM!
1. Sharing God's love
2. Helping people reach their goals
3. Developing recipes
5. Progressing in my lifts
6. Building my metabolism
7. Laughing, because nothing in life is that serious
I've had this blog for over two years and in that time I have gone though many different physical and mental changes. I've made some amazing friendships and had the opportunity to get to know people from all across the world. You guys are seriously amazing. I just wanted to let you know how THANKFUL I am for you guys who actually take the time to read this blog and watch my videos. I hope one day I can HUG every one of you!!!
I know this post seems kind of rambly, but I just wanted to share what's on my heart. Whoever you are reading this, if you're struggling to reach a goal or just feeling unhappy, please be encouraged. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will get better!! Keep going for it. Please feel free to contact me, even if you just need some encouragement or prayer. Much love!
I'm a singer/songwriter/fitness enthusiast and self-proclaimed nerd from Nashville, TN. Follow me along my journey to a healthy, balanced life!