Christine has some GREAT competing advice. My only advice is... don't take yourself too seriously, LOL :P Enjoy!
BEST Protein Bar Recipe
267kcal - 32P/28C/3F - 19g Fiber!!
This recipe is so amazing because it saves SO much money, it is basically 2 ingredients (super quick and easy), customizable, DELICIOUS, and of course... the best macros ever!!
Ingredients (Base Recipe):
- 25g Vita Fiber IMO Syrup
- 46g Protein Powder (whatever flavor you'd like)
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- Water to consistency
1. Heat up 25g Vita Fiber for about 10 seconds until slightly bubbly.
2. Add protein powder and stevia. Stir.
3. Add water to desired consistency. Be VERY careful with this step and just add a TINY bit at a time.. like 1 teaspoon. You don't want this protein bar to get gummy or watery. You want it slightly crumbly. See video for visual of exactly what I mean. If you have any mushy ingredients like mashed banana or pumpkin or something, add that before adding water.
4. Kneed with hands until you form desired shape (bar, cookie, cute little pumpkin... whatever!)
5. Add whatever other ingredients you'd like to this base recipe (oreo, chocolate chips, flavored extracts, etc.)
6. Put in freezer or fridge. You can wrap it in plastic wrap and eat these for weeks, or months if you freeze them.
Here are the 10 different flavors I show in the video:
1. Cake Batter (Base Recipe + Rainbow Sprinkles + Vanilla Extract)
2. Cookies & Cream (Base Recipe + 1 Oreo)
3. Girl Scout Samoa Cookie (Base Recipe + 1 Girl Scout Samoa Cookie/keebler version + coconut extract)
4. Peanut Butter (Base Recipe + 15g Jif Peanut Powder or PB2)
5. Fudge Brownie (Base Recipe + 10g Cocoa Powder)
6. Cookie Dough (Base Recipe + 70g Mini Chocolate Chips)
7. Banana Walnut (Base Recipe + 1/4 Mashed Banana + 5g Walnuts)
8. Snickerdoodle (Base Recipe + Cinnamon to taste)
9. Green Tea (Base Recipe + Green Tea powder to taste)
10. Pumpkin Spice (Base Recipe + 15g unsweetened canned pumpkin + pumpkin pie spice + cinnamon)
Get creative! Have fun! ENJOY! <3
Ohhh snap I know you see those pumpkin spice doughnuts, cookies & cream ice cream, and brownie batter oreos… I know you want to watch this video and learn some tips on IIFYM grocery shopping! :P
By the way, YouTube took down one of my recent videos (the pizza party one) so in case you were wondering where that video went… they nailed me for the background music. Ya live and ya learn. Good thing I live in music city! Hope you guys are having a great week, much love!
Just a super quick update vlog on what's next with the macro experiment! I'm so excited for what's to come! I will be uploading a new vlog every Wednesday so check back here and on YouTube for more tips/tricks of IIFYM, prep lyfee, workouts, recipes, IIFYM lists, full day of eating videos, and other random shenanigans. So make sure and subscribe to my channel if you haven't yet!
Hey guys! This will be my final entry for my reverse diet 2. This doesn't mean I'm totally ending the reverse diet; depending on if my weight starts leveling out, I may add in slower or just keep it the same for a while. Either way, it will probably stay around these calories for the next month. I'll be posting a YouTube video next week with my new plans for what I'm up to next and this will make more sense! It will be fun! :)
Also, I wanted to share a really cool story! I received an email a few weeks ago from a girl who said she sat down and read my entire blog in one sitting. I've had this blog for a year and have been posting at least once a week, so that's a LOT of reading to do. Anyways, she mentioned that she is a photographer living in Tulsa, Oklahoma and if
I was ever out there she'd love to hang out and shoot some photos. The crazy thing is I have only been to Oklahoma ONCE and it was a long time ago... and it just so happened I was going to Tulsa for my BFF's wedding that VERY weekend she emailed me! God is so awesome, there's just no way that was a coincidence. I was able to meet such an amazing person who is now a friend for life. And she took some really fun photos! (HI WENDY I <3 U!) Anyways, just thought that was such a cool story. I love how this blog has allowed me to connect with so many amazing people... love you guys!
REVERSE DIET 2 STATS:
(Click to view reverse diet 1 stats)
Date Weight (lb) Protein (g) Carbs Fat Total Cal
9.30.15 121.4 130 210 52 1828 (+0)
9.23.15 121.0 130 210 52 1828 (+0)
9.16.15 120.2 130 210 52 1828 (+58)
9.9.15 120.1 120 210 50 1770 (+58)
8.26.15 119.7 120 200 48 1712 (+58)*
8.19.15 119.3 120 190 46 1654 (+58)
8.12.15 119.1 120 180 44 1596 (+58)
8.5.15 119.0 120 170 42 1538 (+58)
7.29.15 119.2 120 160 40 1480 (+58)*
7.15.15 118.6 120 150 38 1422 (+58)
7.8.15 118.5 120 140 36 1364 (+58)
7.1.15 118.6 120 130 34 1306 (+58)
6.24.15 118.2 120 120 32 1248 (+58)
START 120 110 30 1190
I'm a singer/songwriter/fitness enthusiast and self-proclaimed nerd from Nashville, TN. Follow me along my journey to a healthy, balanced life!