Happy October friends!! It's been a while since I've posted a recipe, so of course you know it's gonna be a good one for all my fellow basic white girls out there. These protein doughnuts are SO moist (hate that word) but there's really no other word to describe it! I mean, what's not to like about a snickerdoodle + pumpkin doughnut?!
SNICKERDOODLE PUMPKIN PROTEIN DOUGHNUTS
148 kcal: 5F/11C/16P (recipe yields 6)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, melt butter and cream cheese together in microwave and whisk together. Let cool until warm/room temp (otherwise it will cook the egg whites).
3. Add all other ingredients and mix well until smooth.
4. Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray and fill doughnut molds with batter.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until you can stick a toothpick through the doughnuts and it comes out clean.
6. For icing, in a small bowl, add 7g of protein for each doughnut you will ice (42g for 6 doughnuts), stevia/splenda to taste, a dash of cinnamon, and water or almond milk until icing consistency is reached. Ice doughnuts and enjoy! Keep refrigerated for freshness.
I'm a singer/songwriter/fitness enthusiast and self-proclaimed nerd from Nashville, TN. Follow me along my journey to a healthy, balanced life!