176kcal -- 10F / 6.5C / 16P (recipe yields 4 twinkies)
- 55g light butter
- 2 eggs
- 70g unsweetened applesauce
- 45g coconut flour
- 6g butter flavor/extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 65g vanilla whey
- stevia/splenda to taste
- water to consistency
- yellow food coloring
- light whipped topping (about 3-4g per twinkie)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter slightly (so it's not hot, just warm). Whisk in eggs, butter extract and applesauce.
3. Mix in 1/2 tsp baking powder, stevia/splenda, vanilla whey, and coconut flour.
4. Add water to cake batter consistency (just a little bit) and yellow food coloring to desired yellow color.
5. Spray mini loaf pan with pam and fill 4 mini loafs.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, check with toothpick for doneness. Let cool.
7. Using a knife and a blunted handle/stick (the back of a wooden spoon works great!), poke holes in the cakes. The video above has a demonstration of this technique.
8. Using a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner cut out, fill the holes with light whipped topping. Enjoy!