All that to say, I have a new hobby! COOKING HEALTHY VERSIONS OF "BAD" FOODS! So I'll be posting those recipes on this little blog, macros included. Here's a little something I whipped up last night… to *die* for. Give it a try!
HEALTHY PHILLY CHEESE STEAK WRAPS
283 kcal -- 8F / 20C / 28P
- 1 low carb tortilla wrap (I used Ole Extreme Wellness brand)
- 3 oz thin sliced beef steaks
- 30 g red bell pepper
- 59 g white onion
- 20 g lowfat mozzarella cheese shredded
1. In a pan, start cooking the peppers and onions on a stovetop on medium high for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently. Bring the temperature down to medium low once they really start cooking and keep an eye on them. You are aiming to caramelize the onions.
2. To prepare steaks, first pat them dry with paper towels. Season them with desired seasonings (I used Famous Dave's Steak & Burger Seasoning -- best seasoning ever). Put them all on a plate and pop them in the freezer (until they get just slightly frozen on the edges). (If you are interested in why you should slightly freeze them first, click here.)
3. Fire up the grill to about 600 degrees then put the steaks on. It's best to do just a few at a time. They take about 30 seconds to cook. Flip over steaks and cover grill for a few more seconds until done. Another option is to cook the steak on the stovetop.
4. Assemble wraps with meat, cheese, and veggies. Place in a George Forman grill or the microwave for a few seconds until everything melts perfectly together.