Sooooo, I thought I would get a little crazy and mix things up a bit this week with this HEALTHY cuban sandwich recipe! Gotta give a quick shout out to my daddy-o, the cuban sandwich KING! Thanks for being my inspiration sir. ;)
HEALTHY CUBAN SANDWICHES
378 kcal -- 10F / 30C / 38P
- Mojo marinade (find it in the international foods section of the grocery store)
- 3 oz boneless pork loin
- 2 oz black forest ham (..or any ham really)
- 2 oz cuban bread
- 10 g swiss cheese
- 2 tsp grey poupon mustard
- 2 length-wise pickle slices (garlic flavor is best)
- lime juice
- 0 calorie butter spray (optional)
1. Marinate pork loin in mojo marinade overnight. Throw it on the grill the next day until it's cooked and ready to go for sandwiches.
2. Use serrated knife to cut off the top (rounded part) of cuban bread. Then cut the rest of the bread length-wise to get two flat pieces of bread perfect for sandwiches.
3. Heat up panini press--or waffle maker if you are feeling creative.
4. Assemble sandwich with pork loin, ham, cheese, and pickles. Squirt on the mustard and lime juice on the inside of the bread (1-2 tbsp or so). Spray top and bottom of sandwich with a few squirts of 0 calorie butter spray.
5. Spray panini press/waffle maker with pam. Place sandwich on panini press/waffle maker and grill untill the bread is golden brown and the cheese is perfectly melty. Yummmmmmm.